Convert Experts conducts methodological, statistically sound A/B testing to ensure all the change made on your website result in long-standing optimization wins.
HOW OUR A/B TESTING WORKS:
- We suggest tangible, concrete ways to improve your site. But, we never assume our suggestions will just work – we test first!
- To test, we apply the gold standard of web testing, a procedure called A/B testing (also known as split testing). In A/B testing, two versions, or elements of a website, are shown to visitors. The version that converts better wins; that’s the version that will be implemented on your site.
- In order to conduct a proper A/B test, much scientific rigor is needed. We follow a smart, data-driven five-step process to ensure all tests we run are accurate, valid, statistically significant, and insightful.
STEP #1: DEVELOP AND DEFINE SMART HYPOTHESES
- The first step in our A/B testing process is built around developing “smart hypotheses.” Smart hypotheses are statements outlining what you expect to see from changing your website. Well-developed hypotheses are the backbone of successful A/B tests. Our hypotheses achieve six core elements. They:
- Clearly define the testing objective and conversion goal.
- Decisively identify the problem and formulate a proposed solution.
- Realistically state the anticipated outcome and how the results will achieve an improved, viable solution.
- Precisely justify the importance of testing that specific web element.
- Accurately determine the exact target audience.
- Intelligently apply insights from other tests or best practices to build on the current test.
What You Get: You’ll receive a list of the best test ideas, outlined, justified, and explained so there’s no questions on what’s being tested, or why.
STEP #2: PLAN AND PRIORITIZE THE BEST TESTS
With the test hypotheses clearly defined, we selectively chose only the best tests with the biggest potential to win.
- To do so, we implement a well-defined test plan and prioritization schedule.
- Our prioritization plan acts as a roadmap, suggesting the most important tests to run first, giving you the biggest bang for your buck.
- Tests are prioritized based on the potential conversion improvement and how realistic it is to implement the suggested change.
- One-by-one, we methodically rollout the tests, at the right time, taking into consideration factors like seasonality and your customers’ buying cycles.
- This approach saves you time and money, ensuring only the most impactful tests are run, maximizing your returns.
What You Get: You’ll end up with a complete testing roadmap, listing the best suggested A/B test ideas how each test will be carried out, and how long each will take to run.
All test ideas and timelines will be detailed in a well-organized, easy-to-follow spreadsheet, with the top test suggestions listed first.
STEP #3: CODE & CREATE BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED MOCK-UPS
- With highest priority tests selected, A/B testing is nearly ready to begin.
- However, before implementing any tests, we go to great lengths to design, code, and create beautifully designed, well-structured test variants that are highly informed by our conversion analysis research.
- When put to the test, each variant will be pitted against the original version on your site.
- The variant may incorporate new copy, an improved design, or an updated structural, or navigational element.
What You Get: You’ll receive beautifully designed, professionally coded variants to test against your original versions.
STEP #4: IMPLEMENT THE A/B TESTING
- With all steps properly set-up, the A/B test is nearly ready to run. We use the top A/B testing software to conduct the tests.
- While running the tests, we follow industry-recognized best practices to ensure the tests have enough traffic to generate statistically significant results, with a high level of confidence. That way, you can rest assured the test results are completely accurate.
- As the tests are running, you'll receive regular updates.
- When a winner has emerged, we'll diligently work to implement the winning design on your site.
What You Get: Regular updates, and a fully implemented winning design, when a clear winner has emerged.
STEP #5: CONTINUOUSLY OPTIMIZE YOUR SITE
- As your site progresses, so to will the needs of your users.
- To maximize your site’s potential, you can’t take a “one-and-done” approach. Your site must be continually optimized.
- This approach means consistently testing to achieve the best possible result and generate the highest possible return on investment.
- Every test done helps generate new data to further improve your site and your revenue. But, it’s important to recognize that not every test will be a winner. Even with our data-driven approach, some tests will perform better than others.
- For those tests that do win, it’s key to continue to optimize on these results. Continuous optimization is the path to true success.
What You Get: You’ll regular updates that suggest the best tests to run and most strategic ways to optimize your site, based on already proven gains.
- While CRO and A/B testing is potentially very powerful — and profitable — it takes time.
- To ensure statistical significance, we typically run each test for a minimum of two weeks. Generally, we can run about two tests per month on your site.
- You can expect to see results within the first eight weeks. And, gains should roll in every month after.
- To ensure we carryout the best optimization program possible for you, we require a minimum three-month time commitment. But, because web optimization is an ongoing process, most clients chose to go with a rolling annual contract.
- Over this time, we’ll work exhaustively to undertake extensive qualitative and quantitative research on your site, develop and prioritize smart hypotheses, conduct scientifically sound A/B tests, and work with you to implement money-making website changes.
- Although A/B testing is an investment, it’s a value-added service that should, ultimately, pay for itself.
- To get a quote for our customized CRO program, get in touch.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR A/B TESTING?
While we work with companies of all sizes, our optimization program is best suited for sites that:
- Generate over $1 million, annually, in online revenue
- Have at least 10,000 unique visitors coming your site each month
To get a quote for our A/B testing, get in touch.
GET A FREE ANALYSIS